What We Do
Established in 2003, Adopt a Family Foundation has been committed to offering support to individuals and families in Israel dealing with the after-effects of terrorism. We are reaching out to the community to bring more awareness to the desolating situation in Israel and working to forge a sense of unity between the United States and Israel.
Adopt a Family Foundation matches families through a careful process that allows for the strongest bond between the Israeli victims and their American support. The relationships which are built are long-lasting, real connections with no end point. All of our families benefit from a trip to San Diego to meet their contact, our organization, and the community at large. In addition to supporting our adopted families, Adopt a Family Foundation supports projects for the population suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
Our Most Current Projects
- Thanks to the generosity of our donors, here is a partial list of the work we have been able to complete just in the past few months:
- Support the Ella Center in Sderot to provide a safe, secure environment in which to learn for many children and teens in Sderot
- Provide summer activities for the children of Kibbutz Gevim in Sha’ar Hanegev, helping them cope with stress, fears, and anxiety (PTSD)
- Provide garden therapy for the children and families of Sha’ar Hanegev, suffering from PTSD linked to the discovery of tunnels beneath their homes
- Provide a weeklong trip to San Diego, as well as a Soccer Tournament for 6 teens and their coach from Sderot
- React quickly to emergency situations and provide funds, as well as emotional support, for our adopted families in Israel
- Provide a therapeutic trip to San Diego for one adopted family per year
- Sponsor scholarships
- Adopt a new family
- Provide special activities for our adopted families in Israel, and so much more…
Am Echad, Lev Echad